Get Unmatched Responsive Web Design Services with The Simple Web
Contrary to popular belief, website design should be a continuous process. Like typical brick and motor businesses, you should continuously strive to improve your ecommerce website for you to be able to maintain a competitive advantage in the super competitive and ever-changing world of online business.
Most website owners view website design as a one-off task. Web designers are also to blame since most of them build basic websites and disappear. This shouldn’t be the case! The most ideal situation (for a website owner) would be hiring the best website designer you can find so that you can be able to concentrate on your core business.
The best web designers will ensure all aspects of your website are running smoothly from SEO to user experience (UX). Most importantly, they will be with you every step of the way ensuring your website improves continuously to match the ever-changing online business landscape. That’s where I come in.
Who am I?
My name is Tricia Littlefield, founder of The Simple Web.
Why should you design your own website when you can hire a true professional to do it for you?
Are you tired of guessing what might be wrong with your website?
Do you have problems ranking on Google although you have invested a lot of time and money on SEO?
Do you get traffic but fail to convert your website visitors into your customers?
Do you rarely have time to concentrate on your core business because of website design/administration related issues?
If your answer is yes to one or more of the above questions, look no further! Website owners shouldn’t be website designers, website administrators etc. because they have more important things to do (i.e. concentrate on their core business). That’s where I come in.
All the supporting services that make a thriving ecommerce website need to be handled by a true professional with the time, skill and experience to deliver. It’s worth noting that supporting services like website design go beyond the actual website design process.
For instance, website owners must do thorough customer research to be able to know the exact challenges their website visitors face onsite. It’s very easy to know what you need to do to improve your site by listening to your website visitors.
But then again, you need to have good mechanisms for collecting customer feedback. You also need to utilize feedback from your front end staff since they tend to know more about what your customers want/are asking for. These are just some of the things I have come to appreciate about establishing a thriving online business in my 19+ years in the business.
The best ecommerce websites market themselves effectively 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
If your current website was a salesperson, would you fire them? If yes, my services will really come in handy. Continue reading below to find out what I can do for you.
I design websites that are capable of doing just about anything a brick and mortar store can do from receiving payments to updating clients and maintaining business records. Before getting into more details about the services I offer, let me take you through my background for you to be able to gauge if I am really capable of building exemplary websites.
Am I capable?
I am a highly skilled and experienced webmaster with 19 years of experience in the industry. I built my first website in 1996 and my first ever commercial website 4 years later (in 1999). My first two clients (who I started working with in the fall of 1999) are still my clients today. That can tell you a bit about the kind of customer satisfaction I offer with my services.
Before starting my website design business in 1999, I sold networked computer systems to mines and mills in Ontario for two years. I have also published articles and done video training on communityMX.com; an online training library for web designers.
I was also part of a global group of website designers who designed accessible websites for people with disabilities in the early 2000s.
I hold a science and business degree so it’s obvious that I am clever and hard working :)
I love expanding my knowledge base which is why I continuously study web design, search engine optimization (SEO), user experience (UX), content writing among many other website design and ecommerce related subjects.
I also have the habit of studying business processes, reading business books, taking online courses and listening to podcasts on all these subjects.
I'm constantly studying/learning despite the fact that I have a long list of satisfied and repeat clients. Feel free to check out my portfolio.
My ideal customer
Although I have worked with very many different kinds of clients over the years, I have developed a special liking for a certain type of clientele i.e. website owners who are interested in continually improving their websites. As mentioned above, website design is a continuous process and so are many other related processes involved in creating and managing a successful ecommerce website. As a result, I love focusing my energy on clients who view website design among other related processes as continuous processes as opposed to one-off tasks.
Ecommerce websites are like typical brick and mortar businesses in a number of aspects i.e. they need to be constantly nurtured and improved for them to thrive and stand the test of time. Over my 19+ years in the industry, I have come to realize that ecommerce sites need as much time and resources as traditional businesses (if not more) for them to thrive which is why I shy away from clients who just want basic one-off website design services. To be truly honest, such clients are just wasting their time and money since basic sites which aren’t nurtured, monitored and improved constantly, never get far.
If you think we're a good fit (me and you), don't hesitate to contact me!
What will I do for you?
To begin with, I utilize web analytics, engage your staff, existing and potential customers as well as read all content forms submitted through your website in an effort to come up with the best solutions for your website. I also do site tests to identify SEO problems, content problems among many other website problems that stand in the way of attracting and converting as many website visitors as possible. To summarize my service offering, I will;
1. Research, build and host your website
2. Continually iterate the design of your website; to improve responsiveness, respond to site visitors’ concerns, add functionality etc.
3. Add content periodically; to make the site active which is good for SEO as well as keeping web visitors engaged.
4. Improve current content. Create high quality content that is highly optimized with the right keywords in the right quantity, placed perfectly.
5. Send newsletters periodically to update website visitors/subscribers of new content/information.
6. Handle certain aspects of social media i.e. send out curated tweets (via twitter). Although I don’t plan on handling all social media marketing efforts on behalf of clients, I can plan for the same to be done.
The web design process
Although I offer many services, web design tops the list. My web design process is divided into 5 processes discussed below;
1. Discovery: During the discovery stage, I do a lot of research, run audits on competitor’s sites, run audits on a customer’s old site, learn about potential and existing site customers and the business as a whole by conducting interviews with key stakeholders. I also study the analytics of old websites to identify both positive and negative aspects. As the name suggests, the main aim of the discovery stage is discovering the best ways to help clients make the best sites possible.
2. Design: After discovery, the next step is taking all that information and deciding the best way to present it online i.e. ensuring it meets the needs of end users perfectly. For instance, if the discovery stage highlights the need to have a responsive website (since most web visitors access a site via mobile devices), the design process will take that into account. The design process also involves site audits aimed at testing the performance as well as search engine optimization efforts during and after the site building process.
3. Strategic direction: This process is aimed at creating a clear vision and message for the homepage since the homepage can’t cater for multiple services effectively even if a company offers many services. I focus on creating a strategic direction for your homepage after watching and measuring the performance of the page after the initial launch.
4. Content strategy development: I figure out what needs to be written and posted on a website. I usually write all the content for a website in an effort to offer highly optimized high quality website content all the time.
5. Search strategy development and implementation: I also develop and implement search strategies aimed at propelling my clients' sites to the top of first page search engine results.
The websites I build are capable of doing just about anything a brick and mortar store can do (and much more). This includes (but isn’t limited to); ecommerce, reporting and analytics, blogging, email marketing, hosting forums, name it!
What my clients love about me
Over the past 19+ years I have been in the web design business, I have received countless positive reviews from my clients. Furthermore, most of my current business comes from repeat business and referrals which is a clear indication that my clients love what I do for them.
As mentioned above, I still work with clients I got when I started my website design business. As a result, there’s no doubt that my clients love me :) So, what do they love the most about me? Here’s what I have managed to pick from the countless positive customer reviews I have received over the years.
1. I deliver results and more value for clients' money: When I say I will do whatever it takes to make your website rank higher, attract more customers, become more responsive etc. you can be rest assured I will do exactly that. I have gotten numerous positive reviews on the fact that I deliver as promised and in most cases help clients get more value for their money.
2. I value customer relationships: My clients also love the fact that I take as much time as possible to know them and their businesses. Considering I don’t do one-off projects and I have many loyal clients dating back years, this review couldn’t be more accurate. Furthermore, I strongly believe that you need to understand your clients on a deeper level to be able to give them exactly what they want/need.
3. I have the best interests of my client at heart: I prefer dealing clients who see web design as a long-term process because it’s in their best interests to view web design that way. I also go out of my way to handle related web design aspects that clients wouldn’t normally be aware of if I ignored such aspects like typical web designers do. My repeat clients have attested to this fact in many reviews because they have enjoyed the benefits first hand.
The above information summarizes what I can do for you, how I do it, why you should choose me.
Don't waste any more precious time and money on web designers who haven't been tested and proven.
If you think we're a good match, contact me immediately! I am always open to clients with a long-term view towards web design.
Furthermore, you stand to get more value for your money when you choose me.